A quick lunch idea that can be prepared in just 5-6 minutes! The ideal plant-based desk lunch or quick-fix dinner, this chickpea salad recipe is simple and easy to put together. It is one of the healthiest recipes and also the easiest. It is yummiest recipe for people who are on a diet because the caloric content of this dish is very low. Here’s how to prepare this easy, tasty, wholesome, and satisfying plant-based meal.
Easy Chickpea Salad Recipe
Here’s how to prepare this easy, tasty, wholesome, and satisfying plant-based meal. You can enjoy it at any time because it is the easiest to make and one of the most fulfilling recipes.
- 2 cups boiled and properly rinsed chickpeas (You can also use canned chickpeas)
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped
- ½ cup of finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp (tablespoon) finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp (teaspoon) Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- The first step is to finely chop the onion, tomato, cucumber, and parsley.
- The next step is to mix the finely chopped onion, tomato, and cucumber thoroughly with the remaining ingredients. If required, add additional lemon, salt, or pepper after tasting and adjusting the seasoning.
- Now garnish your yummiest chickpea salad with finely chopped parsley and refrigerate with a cover until ready to serve. Before serving, thoroughly toss the ingredients and re-season as necessary.
Your yummiest and easiest chickpea salad recipe is ready. Eat and enjoy without the fear of gaining weight.
Health Benefits Of Chickpeas
Chickpeas have several health advantages because they are so rich in nutrients. Several of them are listed below.
- Helps to maintain weight
Chickpeas have a lot of fiber. In actuality, the serving size of one cup corresponds to nearly half of the daily fiber consumption for people. This makes you feel fuller for a longer time, which prevents overeating. Hence this can aid in weight loss or weight maintenance.
- Helps to prevent constipation
Due to their high fiber content, chickpeas also aid in preventing constipation, which has the added benefit of maintaining the health of your gastrointestinal system (gut).
- Enhance heart health
Chickpeas are naturally devoid of cholesterol and have a very low salt content. Additionally, they contain a lot of polyunsaturated fats. Your chance of developing heart disease is decreased as a result of the control of your cholesterol levels, which is greatly helped by polyunsaturated fats.
- Chickpeas are a fantastic replacement for anyone with gluten sensitivity
Celiac disease patients become sensitive to gluten, which can make dietary decisions challenging. However, chickpeas are a fantastic alternative because they are inherently gluten-free.
- Good source of protein
Chickpeas are a high-protein food that may help with weight loss and bone health. People who avoid animal products should choose this legume.
- Helps maintain blood sugar level
Chickpeas are a wonderful source of protein, and fiber, and have a low GI, all of which help with healthy blood sugar regulation.